March 5, 2011

Retouching

While at school, I had a very particular teacher. At first, I didn't like him at all. After time, I saw that he would do anything to help his students succeed and that he truly did care. His work is outstanding and would hang ANY of his pieces in my home. One of the classes I did take from him was a Photoshop class. He was all about making things look like they came out of their natural state. I look back and realize that out of all my classes, I learned the most from him. I have the most respect for this man and truly miss all his classes. I do hope to one day go back and continue my education and learn from him again.

With that said, here is a image of a beautiful baby that was only a few days old. He had some skin problems and his darling mom asked me if I could retouch the redness out. Yeap, sure can. Here is a before and after...




 And of course we needed a little B/W lovin...

2 comments:

dterryphotography said...

That's not an easy task! The mark of a professional is when you make it "look" so effortless.

Nice work!

Melissa Hunder said...

Oh my goodness! That's amazing. Now when they look back at their precious bundle they'll just see how blessed they are and how beautiful their baby really is. What a gift Sherry.